For those already working or planning to work in the local or national government offices, passing the civil service examination is an opportunity to be hired, promotion or having a permanent position in the office.
The civil service examination in the Philippines is controlled by the Civil Service Commission and they provide the scope or the coverage of every exam conducted.
In applying for civil service exam, here are the requirements and qualifications you have to prepare.
- Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application of exam
- Of good moral character
- Must not have been convicted by final judgement of an offense or crime
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government
- Must not have taken the same level of CS Exam in less than 3 months (3 months Prohibition Period on taking the same level of exam)
Civil Service Exam Requirements for 2019
- Application Form called CSC Form 100 (download it here) and fill it out with your personal information
- 4 pieces of (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches) Passport Sized Photos with name tag and signature, taken at the recent 3 months from the time of application
- Exam Fees – P500 for PPT; P600 for COMEX (as of 2019)
- Valid IDs – Driver’s License, SSS, GSIS, Philhealth, UMID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance
- Appointment Letter received through email – for CSC-COMEX only
Pursuant to Republic Act No. 1080, The Commission grants the second-level civil service eligibility to Bar and PRC Board Passers even without taking the examination. Also, the following individuals may opt not to take the corresponding examination anymore:
- Passers of Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer as the resulting Career Foreign Service Officer Eligibility is comparable to the Career Service Professional Eligibility;
- Grantees of the following eligibilities under special laws and CSC issuances, which are comparable to the Career Service Professional Eligibility:
- Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907
- Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility under P.D. 997
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility (2nd Level) under RA No. 10156
- Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility under CSC Resolution No. 1302714
- Veteran Preference Rating Eligibility (Professional) under EO No. 132, s. 1948 and EO No. 790, s. 1982
- Grantees of the following eligibilities under special laws and CSC issuances, which are comparable to the Career Service SubProfessional Eligibility:
- Barangay Official Eligibility under RA No. 7160
- Barangay Health Worker Eligibility under RA No. 7883
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility (1st Level) under RA No. 10156
- Veteran Preference Rating Eligibility (SubProfessional) under EO No. 132, s. 1948 and EO No. 790, s. 1982
You can apply regardless of your educational attainment as long as you meet the qualifications above.
Would you apply for the Civil service Exam? Share us your thoughts in the comment section.